Completely Biased Highlights from ICCA Finals 2012
OOTB hangs out with Amy from Delilah after the show
…as written by someone who competed, after consulting with other biased people.
1. Titanium by UChicago Voices in Your Head. I cannot wait until they record this—their soloist sat on those top notes for eons. Their sound filled the room and they knew exactly how to use the mic system. Actually, just watch the whole set. They have a compelling story arc and make great artistic decisions. Fantastic.
2. Oluwasegun Oluwadele from the SoCal VoCals. His rendition of Tightrope drove the audience wild. And he belted the top notes (falsetto? who needs it!). He scampered all over the stage, and it was just adorable.
3. Vocal Rush, the ICHSA Champions. These girls used to have three additional male members, but the boys couldn’t make it to finals. The girls just rearranged some parts and killed it. They’re like mini-Delilah and had more balls than many of the all-male groups I know.
4. Delilah. They shook the room. Enough said. (Also, the photo at the top of this post is a personal highlight).
OOTB had a great time competing, making new friends, and seeing phenomenal a cappella at the ICCA Finals. Also, the show was across the street from the Broadway production of Anything Goes—I was completely overwhelmed by the talent all around! Anyone we met this weekend has an open invitation to come down to Yale. We’ll set you up with a performance venue, hosting, and a party! Congratulations to the SoCal VoCals on their third ICCA Championship, the Scattertones on their first runner up, and the charming gentlemen of All the King’s Men on their third-place finish!
4 Notes/ Hide
- muroo reblogged this from yaleootb and added:
- smudgethefirst likes this
- rofreg likes this
- vivalaausten said: I’m in Limited Edition (high school group that performed in yellow at ICCA) and ICCA was the best concert I’ve ever been to. Ever. I thought that your group’s performance/interpretation of Bottom of the River was better than the original.
- yaleootb posted this